Tuesday, November 2, 2010

m4w


I have a confession to make: I secretly dream that someone will post a Craigslist missed connection for me. Even though the ones that include photos represent the majority of the posters (aka creepsters), it would still be preeetttttyy awesome to read one that, hands down, was written about me. Embarrassingly enough, I've actually replied to some. One was about a girl at Harris Teeter wearing a corduroy skirt (I do own one. I do shop at Harris Teeter. I bet one day I wore it and shopped at Harris Teeter...) and the other was about someone whose car this guy helped push out of the snow (which happened to me 3 times last winter, just sayin'). Though I never got a response because I'm sure they gave up hope and forgot about the posts, there's still a hope inside of me that I could be that girl.

Part of the allure is catching a bird's eye view, if you will, of the whole situation. The people who post these usually say they were doing something rather mundane while secretly scoping out the other person. Who would've known?

This guy was just holding a bottle of wine and a can opener.

Honestly, after meeting so many deadbeats who never do any of the work, it's nice to imagine that some would do something like that to just make themselves known...

...even if I'm the only one who will probably see it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

how can you say no to those eyes? hahah dont worry girl it will happen!

Anonymous said...

You are addicted to romance... you know, that should actually be a screenplay to a movie. You better patent this post.

Post a Comment