Saturday, October 9, 2010

Duke Lacrosse = Fail

The lacrosse team at Duke University can't seem to keep anything in their pants, and this time, for some of the players, it'll cause more embarrassment than a 2006 "did they rape the stripper" case. Karen Owen, a recent graduate, sent out a mass email to friends which included a fake thesis she dubbed, "Excelling in the Art of Horizontal Acedemics." The 42-page "thesis" included charts and graphs of, ahem, player performance, and--get this--actual names. This is ONE ruthless chick.

I don't mean to make light of the situation...who knows what those bar graphs were used to represent (*cough* penis size *cough*) and how humiliating they can potentially become? However, what really seems to have sparked from this debacle was a concern for internet privacy; the fact that many "young people" aren't educated enough about it. Um, no.

Listen, I'm no spring chicken. After attending two colleges, one of which had a nationally recognized basketball team, the other had football, I'll be the first to tell you that the majority of the players have rather inflated perceptions of themselves. I once took a couple of drunken hitchhikers to their apartment, finding out along the way that they were on the school football team. They seemed nice enough...until we got to their apartment which was infiltrated by other players (they all lived together, how cute.) Immidiately, they all ripped off their shirts (cuz that's what you do when you're on a football team, I guess) and began dry humping the two underage girls in attendance...all while showing off their crucifix tattoos and what not. The icing on the cake was when one of the players gave me his name to add him on Facebook, which I did but later found I was declined. You best believe that pissed me off...it's not like I had to stop on the side of the road and pick them up. It could be the girl-power in me, but I think Karen Owen had her reasons and I find it disgruntling to think the media would immidiately attack her, accusing her of ruining reputions.

Playa, please. So what? They'll just ruin her's?



Anyway, here's the story.

3 comments:

Pig Disgusting said...

>Excelling in the Art of Horizonatal Acedemics
>Horizonatal

mfw

Come At Me Bro said...

This is great!

joleneamanda said...

all i can say to that chica is....respect.

Post a Comment