Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ghosts

Since my brother went back to live at home, I've been staying by myself. Mind you, this is not the first time I have lived alone, but I'm starting to notice strange parallels that have been occuring from both experiences...from the other side.

Growing up, I always attributed paranormal encounters to simply my own mind doing what it did best: act screwy (anyone else just get an image of Elmer Fudd? Just me? K.) Like the time I woke up randomly at 3am to noticable, heavy breathing in my left ear and a draft that focused directly on my body. It was not as romantic as it sounds, but something my brain could be capable of, right? Amirite?

Fast forward about 8 years and I'm living in a make-shift, underground efficiency apartment that was probably built circa 1946. The green carpet had numerous stains that suggested it had either been around for more than 60 years, or a murder took place.

I mean, I'm just saying...

Mid-September of 2008, I came home to this apartment to find the bathroom door shut. My hairbrush was laying in the middle of the floor and I'm still not going to ask why. When I attempted to open the door though, there was a resistance pushing back. So, being the cool-under-pressure person that I am, I ran outside and had my friend bring a butcher knife over. Yeah, murders definitely took place at that apartment...no question.

As it turns out, the flimsy, plastic shelf that was taped to the wall had fallen ever-so-precariously that it wedged up and under the door knob. Well, OF COURSE.
These types of things are defying gravity every day.

So, I pushed that to the back of my mind until that summer when my friend, Sam, from Washington came to visit. After extensively studying Reiki (and without any previous knowledge of events going down in that hell hole of an apartment), she simply asked if I ever got a negative energy in that part of my room. As in, that EXACT area. I can't lie, I was freakin' out just a little. And by a little I mean it took 2 Ambiens a night to get me to stay there by myself ever since.

According to the Hollow Hill Ghosthunters' Guide, you can identify your ghost based on the types of clothes it wears . Sadly, this is the only evidence I have, and it's lacking clothes:



Creepy, right? The ghost is obviously bald which explains why the hairbrush was thrown out of the bathroom.

Anyway, since then, I have been experiencing weird things like that at my new apartment. I can't sleep because every single time I do, the screen door shutters. Could be the wind...which coincidentally comes right as I shut my eyes, and only then. The TV has been turning on and off by itself and when I asked the potential ghost to stop (yeah, I did that), it finally did. Therefore, I may have a cooperator on my hands and that's tolerable. I will try and post a video in another update that has footage I recorded one night. The audio is a little eerie.

Could it all be in my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment